So I just logged in and realized that my post on Interpretive research is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!! (And now I realize who Vachel was talking to when he reminded us to finish them.)
Unfortunately, I have no clue what I wrote then....but I can still say, two weeks later, that I really like the interpretive approach. It's amazing to notice how differently I might perceive an event or emotion, based on who I am and how I was raised and what my experiences have been, as compared to some other human being who has lived a completely different life than I have. And how am I to understand myself or anyone else if I don't sit down with those comparisons or contrasts to figure out WHY we have different perceptions? That was the intention of the sculpting activity Diane and I used in class -- to demonstrate how crowded the research space really is, and how many people and experiences and personality traits really figure into that one interaction.
The best practice for me might not be the best practice for another. Which one of us will show up in the data, I wonder? Ideally, we would both show up there -- but how can we as researchers make sure this happens?
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Interpretive
Posted by marisa at 11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment